What Are You Saying? Cross-Generational Literacy
NAR President’s Liaison to Spain Veronica Seva and I headed over to hear Ron Phipps and Matt Phipps speak. It was awesome to see the dynamic of the father/son speaking back and forth, providing real life examples of understanding the differences in how business is conducted. Examples of generational differences working with a buyer or seller were explained as well. The Phipps family are third-generation REALTORS®, and differences in how they conduct business are to be expected!
A few notes:
- Communication is more than “speech” itself.
- Generational challenges include the need to understand both parties and celebrate differences by embracing them.
- Personality tests, such as the DISC tests, help understand how to work with your team and clients.
- If you’re going to disagree with someone, disagree after you acknowledge you’ve understood their point.
- Understand that there could be generational challenges, including cultural, political, gender, etc.
- Honesty is valued. Be genuine! People will see right through it if you’re lying!
Imagine my surprise when they called me on stage to speak about cultural differences as well!
Tagged with: Featured Attendee , Matt Phipps , Ron Phipps