Top Tools for Global Business Professionals
You all know that your MLS listings are readily available on REALTOR.com®. But did you also know they are on www.realtor.com/international, and have language, currency, and measurement conversion? Read on to find out what Eleonore Rojas, Principal Project Manager for Move, Inc., presented in the Global Business Tools segment of the GBA meeting.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REALTOR.com INTERNATIONAL!
As the site celebrates its first birthday this week, it really has a lot to be happy about!
In one year, the site has:
- Increased listings from 11 countries to 33 countries (300% increase in countries represented).
- Grown from 800,000 international listings to 1.6 million international listings.
- Seen a 3,700% growth in traffic, including domestic and international.
Top Non-English Languages Used on REALTOR.com® International:
WHY Is the Global Market Important to U.S. REALTORS®?
- Last year, sales of residential property to international clients accounted for $82.5 billion in the United States. A $16.1 billion increase over the previous year, 24% increase year over year.
- 27% of REALTORS® report working with an international client in the past year.
WHY Is REALTOR.com® International Important to Global Real Estate Professionals?
- Over 1 million unique international visitors to REALTOR.com®.
- 17+ million unique visitors to REALTOR.com® sites each month.
- Over 1.6 million international listings and over 3 million domestic listings displayed in REALTOR.com® International.
- Comparing June 2011 with June 2012, there was a 40% increase in searches from other countries on REALTOR.com® and REALTOR.com® International combined.
Top 10 Most Searched American Cities by Global Consumers:
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Las Vegas, NV
- Miami, FL
- New York, NY
- Orlando, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Houston, TX
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
How Do You Find Out What Global Business Is Taking Place in YOUR State?
Global business is taking place in all 50 states. For an interactive map with NAR research data by state, visit www.realtor.org/reports/state-by-state-international-business-reports.
The Changing Consumer Connection
- After 125 years, landlines were surpassed by mobiles in 2002!
- There are 929 million mobile subscribers in India.
Almost 90% of buyers would recommend their agent right after closing. The site socialbios.com can help you capture those recommendations!
- Get recommendations from your past clients and share them on major sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Since the unveiling of the site, over 20,000 agents have signed up to get their free tools.
- 5,000 recommendations have been written by consumers.
- Visit socialbios.com/create to get your client recommendations and share them with the world!
Tagged with: Featured Attendee